Learn more about Global Education!
- What does global education mean?
- What is globally competency?
- Am I globally competent? Is my school? Are my students?
- How do we foster global citizenship in our students, schools, and communities?
These are some BIG questions! I wish I could answer them all for you in a very succinct way. But I have learned that the answers will vary, depending on the person, location, and interactions with global issues. The goal of this page is to lead you to some resources that will help you answer these questions for yourself. The assessment tools will assist you and your school to identify your needs for increasing global competencies. Plus- you can learn more about what other schools are doing to engage their students to become global citizens!
How to navigate this page:
- Watch the video below to understand the rationale for global education and its significance in preparing students for a new tomorrow!
- Read about the 'Global Competencies' to identify the 4 areas of measurable global knowledge and skills that teachers should center their lessons around.
- Using the 'Global Assessment Tools' conduct a self-assessment and a school-wide assessment to gauge your current knowledge and practice of global education.
- Review the 'Digital Learning Inventory' of our school and think about other digital resources you could use to practice globalized skills with your students. Try out some of the technology resources listed with a new globalized lesson!
The Facts of U.S. Education...
Global Assessment Tools
Digital Learning Inventory
Globally Competent Teachers